Netflix is a streaming service which lets customers watch a number of prize-winning TV series, movies, documentaries and etc on more than one devices. The best part of having Netflix is you can enjoy viewing your favorite shows without the need of watching a single commercial. New shows, movies are continuously added every month. It has significantly expanded the production of both TV shows and movies, offering “Netflix Original” content through its online library. Roku streaming player provides the simplest ways to stream entertainment to your TV. Roku is a Japanese word which means “six”, as this is the sixth company made by the founder. You can choose from thousands of channels like Netflix, YouTube and many more and enjoy your favorite shows. Roku streaming device receives its data through wired or WiFi connection from an internet router. In this post we will be focusing on Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices.
Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices and their Fix
There are some common problems which is faced by almost everyone while watching Netflix on Roku. One of the major causes of the streaming problem is weak internet connectivity as a result of which repeated buffering or loading issue takes place. Other problems are the Netflix subscription error, Netflix password related issue on Roku, Netflix connection issue, Netflix error NW-2-5 and etc. Contact the Netflix technical support team by dialing the toll-free number +1-844-847-7233 and get instant help from the customer care support. The expert team will resolve all your issues within a short span of time.
Another common problem is while watching Netflix, Roku stops on the Netflix loading screen thus you are unable to watch Netflix. Without an internet connection, Netflix won’t be able to stream its content so firstly you need to check the internet connectivity. There are many steps to solve this problem but to stay away from this every time, here are steps in troubleshooting for your device.
- Restarting your Roku device
- Disconnect your device from your Netflix account
- Troubleshoot your network connection issues
The above-mentioned steps have another set of steps which revolve around the troubleshooting steps.
Restarting your Roku device
The steps to be followed are –
- The first step is you need to unplug your device from power for at least 10-15 seconds.
- After this plug your Roku device back in.
- Then turn on your Roku device by pressing any button on the remote control of Roku.
- Wait for a few minutes and then again try to connect with Netflix.
After completing the first set of steps you need to follow the second step that will be done with the selection through your fingertips.
Disconnecting your device from your Netflix account
- To navigate to the Roku Home Menu press the home button.
- Select the option Settings for Netflix.
- Then choose the option, deactivate this player from my Netflix account.
- With choosing the option yes your device will get deactivated. So select the option yes.
Troubleshoot your network connection issues
- Check the internet connection if it’s working properly or not as it may cause re-buffering and loading issues.
Troubleshooting Network Connection Issues
Weak internet connectivity is a common issue which almost everyone faces. Regularly buffering, problems while starting the Netflix app, error messages such as “Cannot connect to the internet” or difficulty in playing a TV series or films on your device generally proves a slow or broken internet connectivity. These streaming errors sometimes come along with error codes, which have their own respective troubleshooting steps. If you face any error code, you search for it in the Help Center or contact the technical support team who are present 24*7 to assist you. If there’s no error code then follow the troubleshooting steps for your device which is mentioned above.
Connecting your streaming device directly to your modem
If you are trying to connect through a wireless router which is connected to your modem and still connect after restarting the network, give a try bypassing a router. This will help you in identifying the main reason behind the problem by removing the router or connectivity problems as the most likely reason. This fixes most of the Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices and also stream fast.
- Turn off your Roku streaming device
- Plug in your streaming media player directly into your modem with the help of Ethernet cable.
- Unplug your modem from power for minimum 30 seconds, then plug in back in and wait until no new indicator lights start blinking on.
- Turn on your Roku device and try Netflix again.
If this step brings back your streaming again –
- If you’ve have bypassed your router and successfully connected to Netflix through your modem, then most likely your router itself is the source of the problem.
- Bypassing the router will let you stream for now but it is a temporary solution. To get a permanent solution to your problem you can contact the tech at premium customer support care by dialing the toll free number +1-844-847-7233 and get instant solution for this.
If you are still aren’t able to stream –
If you have directly connected to your modem and is still unable to stream Netflix, contact with Roku service provider to make sure your modem and internet service are functioning properly as it is said to be.
Netflix Error NW-2-5: Fix on Roku
This is one of the most common Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices which irritate the most. While trying to stream Netflix on both old and new versions of Roku error NW-2-5 can be found. This network connection is common in devices that have difficulty in communicating with the Netflix servers. Here are two ways by which this issue can be resolved even if you possess the older version of Roku.
Restart the Roku
Unlike other streaming devices, Roku has a lot less memory. Clearing this memory and then restarting the system can quickly solve a lot of app and internet related issues. Restarting your Roku device won’t delete away your important system data. If you are experiencing any of the Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices then try this step first.
- Unplug your Roku device from the power
- Wait for few seconds before putting it back into power again
- Once it starts, wait for it to boot to the home screen
- Open the Netflix app and the problem should be solved
Restart your internet
If more than one devices connect to the same modem or router, there are slight chances that you may run into an error while using Netflix. When connectivity issues continue to stay after the first fix, restarting your internet will solve the problem.
- Unplug the power from the Roku device
- Same goes for the modem and router
- Wait for 1-2 minutes before plugging back any devices.
- Plug back them in a particular manner: first Roku, modem and then the router
- Wait until all the lights are in action on the modem and router.
- Try to open Netflix again.
After all these steps your device is free from any types of trouble and you can watch smoothly Netflix on your Roku streaming device.
But in some cases, troubleshooting can be difficult for a user to do it on their own. Some of the problems that can take place are a weak or intermittent connection of the internet and sometimes error like “Cannot connect to the internet” keep taking place or there might be a problem in playing a movie or TV show on your Roku device and sometimes these errors come with error codes which needs an expert help. I hope you liked our Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices and it fixed your issue.
If you don’t want to miss out on any of your favorite shows then contact the technical support team of Roku for any type of assistance. Get the fastest support that offers genuine and fast services and available 24/7. Moreover, you can contact our Roku tech support team for Netflix issue on Roku over the phone, or you can also send an email or live chat with them on their official website. Just dial the toll-free helpline number and get instant help from the customer care. You can also go online to the Roku website and retrieve the FAQ part and Common Netflix Related Problems on Roku Devices. There are great instructions mentioned in the help center on this kind of stuff. All kinds of related to Roku devices get solved instantly.