How To Setup NETGEAR Wireless Router
Setting Up Netgear wireless router is a very simple procedure however with wrong advances and flawed switch, this can get hard. So we should attempt to Setup Netgear Wireless Router, please pursue these means. Associate your modem to the web port of the NETGEAR switch and your PC to any of the four LAN ports.
There are two methods to setup Netgear wireless router.
Given Below Are Two Methods To Setup Netgear Wireless Router :
Automatic Configuration Of Netgear Wireless Router
Open any internet browser and write in the address bar "www.routerlogin.com" or type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 by default in the address bar of your browser. and hit enter. This will open up a web page to Setup Netgear Wireless Router. This web page will display you the following things.
- Do you need help setting up your wireless network, Click on the check-box marked for "Yes" and then Click on "Next".
- Now your internet connection will automatically detect the type of your internet, for example your computer is a using dynamic IP or static IP, Click on "Next".
- Set up the name for your network and click on Next. Now it will ask "do you want to add security to your wireless network" click on Yes and then please click on next.
- Next you will have to choose your wireless security/encryption for example wap2, WPA-PSK. Now please enter your password click next.
- Now it ask you "would you like to change your router admin password in Netgear router" click on yes and then click next and print out all the information, now you are connected to your internet network.
- Restart your system and your router as will. It will try to connect you to wireless network.
Pro Tip: Netgear has a computer software by the name of "Netgear Genie" you can download and install it. This software will Setup Netgear Wireless Router automatically in very simple steps . just follow these steps.
Manual Configuration Of Wireless Router
Please keep in mind you can Install Netgear Wireless Router with the help of manual settings as well. you just have to execute the below given steps in order to Install Netgear Wireless Router.
- Please open any internet web browser and type in the address bar on the top of the browser (URL) "192.168.1.1" and then click on "enter".
- Now type in your admin name and password and hit on enter.
- Next, click on "no I want to configure the router myself" click on next.
- Click and open the page like by name of "basic settings".
- Select "Yes" on "internet connection require a login".
- In the below encapsulation select PPPoE(that is PPP over Ethernet).
If you know your router's user name and password then its excellent, please type it and if you don’t have or remember the password and username, please get in touch with your internet service provider.
Now, in the section named "internet IP address" , click on "get automatically from ISP" Domain name server DNS address "click get automatically from ISP Enable net" and the click apply.
Pro Tip: Before setting up a password on your Netgear wireless router, make sure that you select the right type of encryption like WPA, WPA2-PSK etc.
Configure Netgear Wireless Router Password And Security
- Click on wireless tab, here you can edit your network name (SSID).
- Please write in your SSID.
- Now select your region.
- Then select channel 11 and leave it just as it is.
- In the mode section, select auto mode "up to 300mbps".
- After that, under "wireless access point", check tick mark on allowing broadcast of name SSID and then enable the "wireless access point".
- Now, select the security type and write in your password.
- Memorize and do not forget your username and password to login into your wifi network. Click on apply.
- Now restart your modem and router.
You have successfully Setup Netgear Wireless Router at your home or office. Now you can use your Netgear router to surf on to the internet.
Dear user, in case you have any difficulty with Setting up your Netgear Wireless Router simply connect with our Netgear Technical Support Number +1-844-539-9831. We value your time and mood and would be more than happy o help you instantly.
No long queue, no wait time, no time boundary and no geographical restrictions. Contact the Netgear Technical Support Number +1-844-539-9831 anytime from anywhere should you need help with your Netgear router.
Netgear Technical Support Number is always there to help you to Install Netgear Wireless Router. We troubleshoot all the problem to Setup Netgear Wireless Router over the phone online and our technicians are highly skilled and very professional who deliver the services round the clock. We are always dedicated to our success by providing best support to our Netgear Customers.
Do not hesitate to call us in case you need help with Setup Netgear Wireless Router and want to connect to Netgear Technical Support Number +1-844-539-9831. Feel free to chat with us or write an email for any suggestion or query.